UV Lights For indoor Air Quality
Installation by Crystal Blue
Having clean air flow throughout your home or business is extremely important. You may think that your indoor air quality is clean now, but how do you know? We can’t see or smell mold, bacteria, viruses, and other indoor allergens. While these don’t affect some people, others can be extremely sensitive to it. So, indoor air quality goes beyond what we can see, like smoke or debris. Particulate filters can help filter debris, but stronger methods are needed for the small, harmful stuff we can’t see. This is where UV lights can help.
Types of UV Lights
- Coil Sterilization: This type of UV light is installed inside the return air duct to prevent harmful contaminants or microbes from growing inside your HVAC system
- Air Sterilization: A UV light system that cycles on when the air handler blower is in use. It sterilizes the air moving throughout your home.
How Do HVAC UV Lights Work?
UV lights are designed to specifically and effectively kill organic growths, such as mold, bacteria, and viruses. They do a great job at it, too. Here’s how UV lights work in tandem with your HVAC system:
Your HVAC system has two coils – one inside and one outside. The indoor coil is located inside your air handler, typically above your furnace. It can get very dark and wet in there, creating an ideal atmosphere for biological contaminants to start growing and get blown throughout your home. UV lights target microbial growth and stop it dead in its tracks.
If anyone in your home or business has allergies or asthma, you should want to purify your air as it can directly cause them harm. Not only do they stop microbial growth, they use activated carbon cells to remove harmful odors, volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) and other chemical vapors that can cause harm, especially to those who are immunocompromised.
Benefits of Installation
- Control mold and bacteria growth
- Reduce cold and flu throughout the home or business
- Reduce obnoxious smells and odors
- Remove VOCs
- Are more effective in humid climates than dry climates
- Reduces clogging in condensate drain lines by preventing algae growth.
- Maintain a cleaner coil, improving cooling efficiency and reducing electricity costs.
iWave Air Purification
This patented product uses bipolar ionization with needlepoint brushes to create a precise electrical charge that safely cleans the air in residential and commercial buildings.
These purifiers are easily installed in almost any HVAC system and work with the air that circulates through your home, killing harmful mold, bacteria, and viruses in the air that can cause harm to those who live or work there. You can learn more here.
Rely on Crystal Blue for a Healthy, Comfortable Home
If you have questions about UV Lights for improving your indoor air quality, call the experts at Crystal Blue today! Take 10% OFF an air scrubber from us!