When an air conditioning system can no longer keep your house cool, or it won’t come on at all, the best step to take is to call for an experienced and licensed professional HVAC contractor. Other supposed “shortcuts” like tinkering with the inside of the components yourself or hiring someone without a license who offers a suspiciously dirt-cheap price are bad news. Even if the AC is somehow returned to providing cool air, more trouble lies ahead. Worst-case scenario, you have a busted AC and a voided warranty!
Crystal Blue has been in business performing AC repair in Sacramento, CA, since 1976 and we are a fully licensed and insured HVAC company with experience at fixing air conditioning systems of all makes and models. Providing the best customer service possible is as important to us as seeing the job gets done right.
Quality Service, Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Early Warning AC Signs Help To Get Air Conditioning System Fixed in Time
Nobody wants to call for repairs on their air conditioner. Wouldn’t we all love to have a problem-free summer in our homes? But you can reduce the stress and often the cost of the AC repair if you notice the trouble early on. Our technicians can handle whatever size repairs you need, but the sooner you get us on the task, the smaller the repair we’ll need to do. Here are some tips for warning signs:
- Weird noises: Anything that interrupts the pleasant hum of the AC fans and compressor is telling you something is wrong. You may have motor parts wearing down, loose components, leaking refrigerant, or general debris and dirt creating problems.
- Ice on the evaporator coil: No, you should never see ice on any part of the air conditioner. If you notice ice on the evaporator coil, something is restricting it from absorbing heat, and it needs to be repaired soon.
- Uneven cooling: When you notice certain rooms in your home are warmer than usual when the AC is running, don’t shrug it off as simply a nuisance. This is a warning that the air conditioner is starting to lose its cooling capacity.
- Start–stop start–stop compressor: Is the compressor turning on multiple times an hour rather than doing a full cooling cycle? This is short–cycling and it can mean a variety of problems.
- Tripped circuit breaker: Any time the AC trips the circuit breaker, you either have a bad electrical problem or an overheating air conditioner.
Calling at the first signs of a problem helps in more ways than one. For starters, continuing to run your air conditioning system while it has a problem is going to raise your energy costs. This is because when your AC has to work harder to cool your home, it takes more energy. Even if you’re still getting cool air, it’s going to be more expensive than usual, and every dollar adds up.
The second major reason to call sooner rather than later is that faulty component can lead to other problems. Other parts may overcompensate to maintain performance, leading to their malfunction. A broken piece can be tumbling around inside your AC system, causing internal damage. Even something like a clogged air filter can ‘choke’ your AC, and have trouble keeping dust out of your air conditioner.
Professional AC Repair in Sacramento CA
The team at Crystal Blue has many years of experience working with all types of cooling systems. This includes ductless mini splits and evaporative coolers. You’ll have a hard time finding people with more extensive knowledge of cooling systems and AC repair serving Sacramento and the surrounding areas. We’re proud of our record of excellence in customer service and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
To learn more or to request a repair for your air conditioner, please contact our team today!
Once you’ve had your AC repaired, keep us in mind for future cooling and heating assistance like air conditioner installation, ac tune up service or even furnace repair. We want to be more than the contractor you call for “repairs today.” We’re here to see you have the best comfort all around the year. We are also the area’s only premier TRANE dealer! TRANE systems are tested, retested, and tested again to make sure they can withstand the harsh Sacramento heat. Not every dealer is a Comfort Specialist, but we are! Call us today to ask about your TRANE installation!
Customer service the way it used to be!
Do you know the difference between commercial and residential HVAC? Click here to read 40 Differences Between Commercial and Residential Air Conditioning!