Are Your Copper Pipes Failing?
Folsom Plumbing Leaks On The Rise
Crystal Blue: Your Local Plumbing Experts
The city of Folsom has reported an excessive amount of copper pipe leaks in the last few months. If your home was built in the ’80s, ’90s, or even the early 2000s, your pipes may be at risk too! Even the smallest leak can lead to thousands of dollars in damages. Here’s what you need to know.
About Copper Pipes
Copper pipes are still used in some homes around the Sacramento area. They’re fairly easy to identify: If you’ve seen copper before, imagine pipes made out of it. They do not pose any serious health risks, they tend to be durable and safe, but their inflexibility makes them difficult to install, and they are quite expensive in comparison to plastic, so they tend to be less common in new homes
How to Tell You Have Hidden Leaks
The trouble with leaks that require special detection methods is that they’re hidden. If they’re hidden, how can you tell you need to search for leaks in the first place. Here are some warning signs of leaks in your home:
- High water bills: Do you have an idea of how much water your family uses per month? It shouldn’t vary much, so look over your history of bills to get a sense of it. When this amount starts to rise and you can’t account for it, you probably have leaks.
- Discoloration spots: If you see brown or reddish marks on the drywall in your house, it often means water is seeping out behind it from a pipe. You may also see these marks on the ceiling. Never ignore a water stain on the ceiling!
- Warped floorboards: Here’s another way to tell the water is starting to damage building material from leaks. If the leaks are under the floorboard, it will cause warping as well as bumps.
- A drop in water pressure: The more leaks are occurring, and the more water escapes the pipes, the more water pressure will start to drop—and it will become noticeable.
Crystal Blue: Your Folsom Plumbing, Drain, and Sewer Experts
Crystal Blue is the dependable choice for plumbing repairs in Folsom, CA, and has been since 1976, when we first started in the business. Since we started out, we’ve made it our goal to provide the customer service our customers deserve. Folsom’s leading plumbing expert in the Parkway, Biggs Ranch, Sierra Woods, Represa, and Twin Lakes.
Our team of licensed plumbers can take care of plumbing jobs as small as simple residential repairs to as large as commercial installations. We work with water heaters, water treatment systems, sump pumps, gas piping, and much more. If you need it done, our plumbers are the people who can do it for you. Crystal Blue does it all!
Trust Crystal Blue For:
- 100% Satisfaction On All Services
- Fully Licensed & Bonded Technicians
- Award-Winning Customer Service
- Competitive Price Match & Free Estimates on Replacements
- Local, Reliable Plumbing Services
If you think you have issues with your copper plumbing, it’s best to seek repair before the problem escalates. Call Crystal Blue today for your leak detection and repair service!