Click to call
Request Service

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Here at Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air, our main concern is the well-being and safety of you, your loved ones, and your home. With any job that we perform on your property, we want to be sure that you are safe and secure long after we leave. Even though we guarantee a job done right the first time, it’s impossible to eliminate all risks completely. One of those major risks is carbon monoxide in Loomis.

Carbon Monoxide, or CO, is a dangerous substance with no odor, color, or taste. Without immediate treatment, exposure can lead to tissue damage or even death. This is a scary fact, so it’s extremely important for home or business owners know the dangers of carbon monoxide in Loomis. If you have any questions, call Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air.

Crystal Blue detects and protects against carbon monoxide in Loomis

Causes

Carbon monoxide leaks occur when fuels don’t fully burn properly, or certain appliances aren’t properly vented. Some appliances that can cause potential CO leaks in your home are:

  • Boilers
  • Furnaces
  • Gas or kerosene heaters
  • Water heaters
  • Wood Stoves
  • Gas cooking stoves
  • Gas tumble driers

If you have one of these appliances in your home, watch out for the following signs as they may be signaling a CO leak in your home:

  • Brown or yellow stains on or around your appliances
  • Pilot lights that often blow out or are any color other than blue
  • Heavy condensation around the appliance
  • Fumes or smoke
  • Fallen soot

If you are experiencing any of these issues in your home, call Crystal Blue as soon as possible to locate the source of the problem. If it’s an emergency, call emergency services immediately to prevent any physical harm.

Symptoms

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when it builds up in your bloodstream. If you or a loved one are experiencing the following symptoms, evacuate the area to fresh air and call emergency services:

  • Headaches
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Sudden hearing loss or ringing
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Children, pregnant women, and the elderly are especially at risk from exposure

Prevention and Protection

Though the possibility of carbon monoxide leaks can’t be eliminated completely, it’s possible to prevent them. The law here in California states that carbon monoxide detectors are required in all single-family dwellings with a fuel-burning appliance or fireplace. Having these detection devices throughout your home is key, however, prevention through routine maintenance is just as important.

How Crystal Blue Can Help

Since 1976, Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air has been providing HVAC services to Loomis, CA and surrounding areas. We have decades of experience under our belts, so we know what to look for and what needs to be done when heating or cooling issues arise in your home. To ensure your safety, we offer a wide range of heating, cooling, and air quality services.

Don’t wait until it’s too late! Our maintenance and repair services will give you added protection against the dangers of carbon monoxide in Loomis and beyond. Call today to schedule your service!  

Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air Blog

Crystal Blue Small Logo

Search

Loomis Best of the Best For 9 Years