5 Signs Your Drain Needs Cleaning
Like any area of your home, drains can fall into disrepair and need some attention. Whether its loose hairs, food debris, or dried cleaning products, it’s likely that you’ll have to deal with drains clogging. You may try store-bought drain cleaners as a way to clear your drains before calling a plumber. These chemical cleaners are a Temporary fix that never truly fixes the root of the problem. Luckily, you can call Crystal Blue to help alleviate your drain clogs and perform a professional drain cleaning. But how do you know when the problem has gone beyond a slightly sluggish drain and into a need for a plumber’s help?
Here are five signs that you need professional drain cleaning:
- Slow draining. When it comes to clogged drains, one of the easiest signs to notice is slower drainage. Is your sink or bathtub draining slower than it normally does, if at all? Is your washing machine or dishwasher still have a lot of water in it after a cycle? As well as being an inconvenience, this is a sign of a blockage somewhere in your pipes. A professional drain cleaning will release the clogs in your drains and allow water to easily flow through your pipes.
- Backed up drains. When drains need cleaning, sometimes water that should have been drained will come back up. You might have gurgling toilets or standing water in your sink. If water is going back up the drain, it’s a sign that it should be cleaned.
- Sewage smells. One of the more unpleasant and noticeable signs of a clogged drain is the smell of sewage. When drains are clogged, anything that goes down into the drain will build up and rot in the lines. This can become even more noticeable and disgusting if you live in a warmer area. If you smell sewage in your home, it’s a good idea to act quickly.
- Fruit and drain flies. When waste and other sewage starts building up in your drain, it’ll start to attract flies. Fruit flies like the smell, and can be a health risk when they get into your kitchen and food. Meanwhile, the aptly named drain fly (also known as sewer or filter fly) likes to breed in septic tanks, sewers, and clogged drains. If you start noticing lots of flies, you’ll definitely want to start cleaning your drain.
- Strange noises. If your drains are clogged, they may start making some odd noises. When drains get clogged, the water may be forced to go through small spaces or change course. This can result in strange gurgling or bubbling noises.
Why should I call Crystal Blue for my plumbing needs?
Crystal Blue has served the Sacramento area for more than 40 years. Our family-owned and operated business provides high-quality HVAC and plumbing while providing a commitment to integrity and honesty. Don’t take our word for it! We’ve been voted Best of the Best for Plumbing and HVAC Services from 2012 to 2016. Call Crystal Blue today for any of your heating, cooling, or plumbing needs!