Signs That Your Kitchen or Bathroom Appliances Need an Upgrade
No matter how much you love your home, it can happen that you look around one day and start to wonder whether your kitchen or bathroom appliances need an upgrade. After all, if the appliances were in the home when you bought it, there are likely to be newer, better options available. The same goes if you did purchase the appliances yourself but it’s been more than seven years since that time. However, since replacing your appliances requires a considerable investment, it’s best to determine whether you’re simply looking for a different look or whether you really need to upgrade.
Do Your Kitchen Appliances Need Upgrading?
Here’s how you can tell if your stove, oven, dishwasher, and other kitchen appliances need upgrading:
- They frequently need repairs. If you’re always having to schedule repairs, then the costs of those repairs are likely adding up. At some point, you need to figure out whether it’s better to use the money you’re paying in repairs to purchase replacements.
- The appliances aren’t energy-efficient. If your energy bill is relatively high each month, then upgrading your appliances can help you lower it. Especially if you purchase ENERGY STAR® appliances, you can be sure to enjoy the most energy-efficient new appliances.
- The style of the appliances is outdated. Granted, an outdated style isn’t a reason for everyone to upgrade. However, if you have the money, then purchasing newer models with a more modern look can give your kitchen a more visually pleasing appeal.
Do Your Bathroom Appliances Need Upgrading?
Here’s how to tell if your bath, toilet, vanity, shower, or bidet need upgrading from Crystal Blue:
- The enamel on the appliances is damaged. Although the enamel on bathroom furniture is quite hard, it can still get damaged. This leads to unsightly scratches and dents. These can be repaired, but it’s often better to replace the appliance.
- The plumbing fixtures on the appliances are worn and broken. Over time, plumbing fixtures can get damaged due to overuse, corrosion, or the buildup of sediment. When multiple plumbing fixtures are significantly damaged, it’s time to upgrade.
- The appliances no longer meet your needs. If you have a regular bathroom but you’re getting older and losing mobility, you might need a different type of furniture. Walk-in bathtubs and higher toilets are better suited to the needs of seniors.
- The style of the appliances is outdated. If you’re forward-looking but your bathroom is so ‘90s, then upgrading your appliances can be a good idea to enhance your enjoyment of your home.
Consult With Crystal Blue
To maximize your ROI on upgrading your kitchen or bathroom appliances, it’s best to consult with a Crystal Blue professional. That way, you can be sure to get sound advice on what the best options are in light of your home’s plumbing, your style preferences and your budget.
Of course, upgrading your kitchen or bathroom appliances requires both time and money. However, in the long run, you’ll be glad you did it, because not only will it increase the value of your property; it will also enhance your enjoyment of your home.